Jurassic World Dominion is running towards its home release date with the speed of a velociraptor, and Screen Rant is exclusively debuting a behind-the-scenes clip from the Blu-ray bonus features to celebrate the news. The final film in the Jurassic World trilogy has raked in over $950M in the worldwide box office to date, despite being the sixth in the Jurassic Park franchise. Director Colin Trevorrow may be moving on from dinosaurs, but clearly audiences aren’t done with them yet.
The latest blockbuster arrives on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, and Blu-ray™ on August 16 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. In addition to the film itself, fans will be able to watch the original short film Battle at Big Rock, directed by Trevorrow himself, that takes place a year after the end of Fallen Kingdom. As if things couldn’t get better, the home release includes an extended version of Jurassic World Dominion, meaning 14 extra minutes of dinosaur battles and motorcycle chases through the cobbled streets of Malta.
Speaking of which, Screen Rant is headed to Malta in order to witness the legendary sights of the movie ourselves. As long as no stray dinosaurs make us into dinner, we will report back with recreations of moments filmed in in the historic city of Valletta to pair perfectly with any Jurassic fan’s Blu-ray bonus features. But for now, check out an exclusive clip from one bonus feature in particular:
(Watch the full clip on YouTube.)
The already infamous Maltese chase scene from Jurassic World Dominion is broken down and explained in “Mayhem In Malta.” Director Colin Trevorrow describes his desire to juxtapose the ancient-by-human-standards backdrop of a city like Valletta with the 65 million year old creatures tearing through it. He is joined by stars Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt, who discuss how the setting helped create the same sense of magic felt in the first two films – only this time it’s out of the park and in the real world.
Jurassic World Dominion 4K Ultra HD & Blu-Ray Cover Art
Jurassic World Dominion Bonus Features On 4K, Blu-ray & Digital*
- EXTENDED VERSION – An extended cut of the film with 14 minutes of additional footage featuring more dinosaurs, action, iconic character moments and an alternate opening.
- BATTLE AT BIG ROCK** – Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the short film takes place one year after the events of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom in Big Rock National Park.
- A NEW BREED OF VFX – VFX supervisor David Vickery and the magicians at ILM discuss the incredible visual effects work featured in Jurassic World Dominion.
DINOSAURS AMONG US: INSIDE JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION
- TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME – Cast and filmmakers discuss the evolution of the franchise and the special union of characters from Jurassic Park and Jurassic World.
- UNDERGROUND DINO MARKET – Join filmmakers for a tour of the amazing dino market set and discover how they brought it to life.
- MAYHEM IN MALTA – A behind-the-scenes look at the Atrociraptor rooftop chase and Owen’s harrowing motorcycle ride through the narrow streets and alleyways of Malta.
- SPIT TAKE: THE RETURN OF THE DILOPHOSAURUS – Live-action dinosaurs supervisor John Nolan and his team reveal how they created the impressive Dilophosaurus animatronic.
- INSIDE THE DIMETRODON – Learn how the filmmaking team operated the terrifying Dimetrodon animatronic and hear from Laura Dern and Sam Neill on what it was like working with it.
- CREATING A PLAGUE – Laura Dern and Bryce Dallas Howard discuss the enormous locusts featured in Jurassic World Dominion and the creature effects team reveals how they were created and deployed.
- PASSING THE BATA…N – Discover the craftsmanship behind the realistic-looking Beta animatronic and hear from Chris Pratt and Isabella Sermon on why they enjoyed working with it.
- GIGA-BITE – Go behind the scenes with the cast of Jurassic World Dominion as they are introduced to the biggest star of the film, the Giganotosaurus, for the very first time.
FINAL NIGHT – Witness the emotional final night of filming with the cast and crew of Jurassic World Dominion.
* At participating Digital retailers
** Included on all formats including DVD
Jurassic World Dominion arrives on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, and Blu-ray™ on August 16.
Source: Universal Pictures Home Entertainment