Connect with us

Movies

UFC Legend Keith Jardine Sets Directorial Debut With Short ‘El Paso 11:55,’ Will Star Alongside Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone

Published

on

UFC fighters Keith Jardine and Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone are teaming on a short film that will also mark Jardine’s directorial debut.

The short is titled “El Paso 11:55.” Brendan Fehr stars in the film along with Jardine, Cerrone, and Tait Fletcher. In addition to directing and starring, Jardine also serves as writer. It is set to screen at the LA Shorts International Film Festival on July 26 as part of Program 28.

“I’m humbled by all the heat that’s been surrounding this short,” Jardine said. “Being selected by this prestigious festival is a great affirmation for all the hard work I’ve put in transitioning from professional fighter to actor, and now writer/director. Especially now, as we are preparing to turn ‘El Paso’ into a full-length feature.”

In the film, a man is tasked with picking up a dangerous package for the mob, attracting the attention of every hitman in Albuquerque.

Jardine was known as “The Dean of Mean” during his time in the cage, holding notable wins over fighters like Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell and Forrest Griffin. Since leaving MMA, he has become an in-demand actor, starring in shows like “Godless” at Netflix along with appearances in shows like “Shameless,” “Hawaii Five-O,” “LA’s Finest,” and “MacGruber.” He has also appeared in films such as “John Wick,” “The Kid,” “Bird Box,” and “Inherent Vice.”

He is repped by Daniel Hoff Agency.

Cerrone recently retired from MMA after a stellar career in which he was considered one of the most popular fighters in the UFC, known for his willingness to take on anyone at any time. He has also been getting involved in acting of late, with appearances in films like “Spenser Confidential,” “Terror on the Prairie,” and “The Harder They Fall.” He also recently appeared in the Amazon original series “The Terminal List.”

“I didn’t hesitate to team up with Keith to make this thing – and the best thing about it – we have other collaborations already in the works,” Cerrone said.



Read the full article here

Bobby focuses on creating higher margins while investing in society. He believes that our World has room for improvement, and one of his goals is to be part of the evolutionary process. What makes him successful is the collaboration with founders and partners. Bobby has a successful track record in envisioning and creating deals and opportunities from scratch in various industries.

Movies

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 Gets Key Holiday 2024 Release Date

Published

on

Paramount has scheduled its Sonic threequel, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, for a Christmas 2024 release, making for a two-year gap between installments.

Paramount has officially revealed the release date for Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Based on Sega’s wildly popular action-adventure game series of the same name, the Sonic film franchise has so far produced two successful installments. Most recently, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 came out in April 2022, surpassing its predecessor’s box office earnings and winning praise for its pleasing visuals, blending of humor and action, and charming performances – especially the one turned in by newcomer Idris Elba, who voiced Knuckles. The movie also saw the returns of Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic, as well as Jim Carrey, Colleen O’Shaughnessey, and James Marsden. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was announced by Sega and Paramount Pictures a month before the sequel premiered.

SCREENRANT VIDEO OF THE DAY

Currently, plot and character details for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 are slim. However, the movie is expected to pick up from the cliffhanger ending of the sequel and introduce a new villain in the form of the notorious Shadow. Since Carrey has retired from acting, he is not expected to return as Dr. Robotnik, although the filmmakers have decided not to recast his character. Schwartz previously teased that the film is “going to be bananas,” with subsequent details indicating that Sonic the Hedgehog 3 will include elements from the video games Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog. Details on Sonic the Hedgehog 3 have been scant since, although now there is a major update.


As confirmed by Sonic the Hedgehog‘s official social media, the threequel has been scheduled to premiere on December 20, 2024. No further details have been revealed, but it’s nevertheless reassuring to know that the movie has managed to secure an auspicious holiday release window. Take a look at the tweet below.

Click Here to View the Original Tweet

The new release date for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 continues the trend of leaving two years between movies in the franchise, so all installments will hopefully feel evenly spaced out. Right now, the date confirmation doesn’t give much of an idea about the movie’s story, although it indicates that a similar announcement could arrive soon for the Knuckles spinoff, which will see Elba reprising his red echidna role. The Knuckles show will set up Sonic 3, so it seems likely that the project will start to move forward now that the movie has a release date. There is plenty of room for both over the next two years.


Now the question of how Sonic the Hedgehog 3 will resolve some of its most pressing dilemmas remains. The immediate task the movie needs to take care of is addressing Carrey’s potential exit and explaining how the threequel will handle Dr. Robotnik’s absence. In the games, Dr. Robotnik had a crucial role in bringing his grandfather’s Project Shadow to life and provoking the conflict between Sonic and Shadow. However, with Robotnik presumably not returning for Sonic the Hedgehog 3, the movie might choose to tweak Shadow’s backstory, associating him with Guardian Units of Nations (G.U.N.) instead of Robotnik. Additionally, with a premiere date set, Sonic 3 could also reveal other game characters that might show up in the film. That said, with a release in sight, audiences can expectmore exciting updates from Sonic the Hedgehog 3 in the coming months.


Source: Sonic the Hedgehog




Read the full article here

Continue Reading

Movies

Diane Keaton Reveals How She Helped Al Pacino Get Cast in ‘The Godfather’ (Exclusive)

Published

on

It’s almost impossible to imagine a world in which Al Pacino didn’t play Michael Corleone in 1972’s The Godfather. However, Diane Keaton says that producers almost went a different direction — until she was cast in the film.

Keaton recently spoke with ET’s Nischelle Turner, while discussing her new film Mack & Rita, and she reflected on her iconic career filled with beloved and uniquely quirky characters.

Going back to the very beginning of her film career, Keaton remembered how she was cast in The Godfather — and how little she ever expected to land the role that went on to be so vitally important to the film and its legacy.

“I auditioned for The Godfather having never read it and I knew nothing about it, and just was there, I was standing there like every other woman,” she remembered. ” I didn’t know what the hell I was there for. And they cast me in that role!”

While she had been cast, the producers and filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola were still looking for the right actor to play Michael Corleone, the reluctant heir to the Corleone crime family and beating heart of the entire movie.

“Nobody wanted Al Pacino. They didn’t want him to play that part, and I had already been cast,” Keaton recalled. “I had been cast before Al Pacino in Godfather 1! Is this not weird?”

“So I was standing there and they brought him up when I was standing there and we worked together in front of [the producers], and they gave him the job,” she continued. “Do you believe that? After he had auditioned before and they didn’t want him.”

“What would The Godfather have been without Al Pacino?” she added. “It’s just one of those weird, unusual things in life.”

Now, 40 years later, Keaton is still a leading lady with her new film, Mack & Rita. The film follows a 30-year-old writer and self-described homebody named Mack (Elizabeth Lail), who reluctantly agrees to go to Palm Springs for a bachelorette party for her best friend Carla (Taylour Paige). However, when arriving, Mack magically transforms into her future 70-year-old self, who goes by the name Aunt Rita (played by Keaton).

The actress opened up about what attracted her to the role, sharing, “There aren’t a lot of these female-driven movies, so we’re fortunate to [be able to do one].”

“And it is good, and it is good to do and be part of that. There’s not a whole lot of them,” she added.

Mack & Rita is set to hit theaters Aug. 12.

 

Read the full article here

Continue Reading

Movies

John Travolta Pays Tribute to Olivia Newton-John: I’ve Been Yours ‘From the Moment I Saw You’

Published

on

John Travolta took to social media to pay tribute to Olivia Newton-John, his “Grease” co-star who died Monday at 73 years old.

“My dearest Olivia, you made all of our lives so much better,” Travolta wrote in a post. “Your impact was incredible. I love you so much. We will see you down the road and we will all be together again. Yours from the moment I saw you and forever! Your Danny, your John!”

Travolta and Newton-John headlined “Grease,” delivering two of their most iconic film performances as Danny Zuko and Sandy Olsson. The 1978 musical, directed by Randal Kleiser, became a cultural phenomenon with $366 million at the worldwide box office. The single “Hopelessly Devoted to You,” performed by Newton-John, was nominated at the Oscars for original song. The film’s soundtrack was the second biggest album of 1978 in the U.S., trailing only the soundtrack to the Travolta-starring “Saturday Night Fever.”

Following the release of “Grease,” Travolta and Newton-John remained lifelong friends. The two often reunited to celebrate the movie. At a 40th anniversary screening for “Grease” in 2018, the duo memorably recreated their famous dance moves on the red carpet.

“We rehearsed so much in the three week period to get it right,” Travolta told Variety at the time about rehearsing for the film with Newton-John. “And you can see from the energy on that film, we were so anxious to get it right that I think everything — it was like going to school. Every day there was a regimen: song, dance, recording, rehearsing scenes, rewriting scenes. It was a big myriad of events.”

Newton-John’s passing was confirmed by her husband, John Easterling, who wrote on Facebook: “Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends. We ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy during this very difficult time.”

“Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer,” the statement continued, “Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that any donations be made in her memory to the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund.”



Read the full article here

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news directly to your inbox.


Trending