Connect with us

News

Amber Rose Searches for Her Childhood Best Friend in ‘Intervention’ Finale Sneak Peek (Exclusive)

Published

on

Amber Rose is headed home — with a heavy heart. On Monday’s season finale of A&E’s Intervention, the model and television personality searches for her missing childhood best friend, and ET has the exclusive first look at her emotional trip home. 

In the sneak peek, Rose returns to South Philadelphia, where she grew up alongside her friend, Tina.

“It’s my hometown, this is where I grew up,” Rose tells the cameras from the car as she pulls through a green light at night. “But all in all this isn’t a vacation for me.”

Instead, Rose’s sole mission is to find Tina, who has gone missing in Philadelphia’s Kensington neighborhood. According to A&E, the area is “home to the largest open air drug market on the east coast,” and Tina has struggled with addiction to fentanyl and cocaine for years. 

Rose explains that she’s remained in contact with Tina since childhood, but her friend ceased communication when Rose stopped lending her money a while ago. Since then, Rose has struggled to monitor Tina’s whereabouts, as she goes long stretches without being seen by her family or friends. 

On Monday’s season closer, the first step will be to find Tina. The second, and more difficult one, is to encourage her to accept and get help. 

“If Tina doesn’t say yes, the rate she’s going she’s not going to make it,” Rose says. “The next time I come to Philly, it’s going to be for her funeral.”

In the episode, Rose enlists the help of Tina’s family for help, along with a local private detective, and interventionist Michael Gonzalez. Together, they search throughout Kensington in hopes of saving Tina’s life. 

“Kensington is a jungle,” Rose says. “I can’t believe my friend is out there right now.”

The season finale of Intervention airs Monday, July 25 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on A&E Network.

To stay up to date on breaking TV news, sign up for ET’s daily newsletter.

  

 

Read the full article here

Bobby focuses on creating higher margins while investing in society. He believes that our World has room for improvement, and one of his goals is to be part of the evolutionary process. What makes him successful is the collaboration with founders and partners. Bobby has a successful track record in envisioning and creating deals and opportunities from scratch in various industries.

News

Neve Campbell says her ‘Scream 6’ offer was unfair, wouldn’t have been the same ‘if I were a man’

Published

on

Neve Campbell shocked the “Scream” fandom when she announced June 6 that she would not be returning for the upcoming sixth “Scream” movie, making it the first installment in the long-running horror franchise not to star Campbell. The actor said at the time that the offer to star in “Scream 6” did not properly “equate” to the value she brings to the franchise. Now Campbell tells People that she believes her offer for “Scream 6” would not have come in so low if she were a man.

“I did not feel that what I was being offered equated to the value that I bring to this franchise, and have brought to this franchise, for 25 years,” Campbell said. “And as a woman in this business, I think it’s really important for us to be valued and to fight to be valued.”

Campbell added, “I honestly don’t believe that if I were a man and had done five installments of a huge blockbuster franchise over 25 years, that the number that I was offered would be the number that would be offered to a man. And in my soul, I just couldn’t do that. I couldn’t walk on set feeling that — feeling undervalued and feeling the unfairness, or lack of fairness, around that.”

The upcoming “Scream 6” will once again be directed by Radio Silence’s Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett, the duo who revived the franchise with the fifth installment. That film, simply titled “Scream,” opened in January and grossed $140 million worldwide. Newcomers Jenna Ortega, Melissa Barrera, Jasmin Savoy Brown and Mason Gooding are all set to reprise their roles from the fifth film. Franchise mainstay Courteney Cox will also be back.

In her original statement, Campbell wrote that it was “difficult” to exit the “Scream” franchise and added, “To all my ‘Scream’ fans, I love you. You’ve always been so incredibly supportive to me. I’m forever grateful to you and to what this franchise has given me over the past 25 years.”

Neve Campbell in “Scream 4.”
Alamy Stock Photo

“I absolutely respect her for that. I think that it’s hard to be a woman in this industry and in any industry at all,” Campbell’s fellow “Scream” star Jasmin Savoy Brown told Variety shortly after she announced her exit. “If any person, but especially any woman, feels that she deserves more — whether that’s a financial situation with work, out of a relationship, out of fill in the blank — if she can walk away, I support that.”

“Scream 6” will follow the quartet of survivors from the fifth movie as they leave Woodsboro behind and attempt to start a fresh chapter. Ortega teased the film earlier this summer by calling it the bloodiest “Scream” entry yet.

“Ghostface gets a lot more intimidating,” Ortega said of the “Scream 6” script. “I just read part of the script, and it just gets more and more gory. I think that this is probably the most aggressive and violent version of Ghostface we’ve ever seen, which I think will really be fun to shoot.”

Paramount Pictures has set a March 31, 2023 release date for “Scream 6.”

This story first appeared on Variety.com.



Read the full article here

Continue Reading

News

Ashton Kutcher Reveals Battle With Rare Disease That ‘Knocked Out’ His Vision and Hearing

Published

on

Ashton Kutcher revealed he suffered from a rare form of vasculitis two years ago that left him temporarily unable to see or hear. 

The 44-year-old actor told Bear Grylls about his struggle with the disease while filming for Running Wild with Bear Grylls: The Challenge. The episode will air Monday evening at 9pm ET on National Geographic. 

“I had this weird, super rare form of vasculitis, that like knocked out my vision, it knocked out my hearing, it knocked out like all my equilibrium,” Kutcher told Grylls of the condition, which involves inflammation of the blood vessels. “It took me like a year to build it all back up.”

“You don’t really appreciate it until it’s gone,” he continued. “Until you go, ‘I don’t know if I’m ever going to be able to see again, I don’t know if I’m ever going to be able to hear again, I don’t know if I’m ever going to be able to walk again.'”

Grylls listened intently, telling Kutcher “What an ordeal. Talk about strength through adversity!” 

Kutcher responded that  he’s “lucky to be alive,” and that “the minute you start seeing your obstacles as things that are made for you, to give you what you need, then life starts to get fun, right?” he said. “You start surfing on top of your problems instead of living underneath them.”

Running Wild with Bear Grylls: The Challenge premiered last month with the announcement of a new set of famous guests, including Natalie Portman, Florence Pugh and Simu Liu.

Like seasons before, Grylls will teach the celebrities a set of essential survival skills that they will later put to the test in some of the most intense outdoor settings. 

  

Read the full article here

Continue Reading

News

The US Has Started To Wind Down The “Remain In Mexico” Policy That Put Thousands Of Immigrants At Risk Of Danger While They Waited For A Court Date

Published

on

Immigration officials on Monday said they’ve started to wind down a Trump-era program that forced thousands of immigrants to wait in Mexico while their US immigration cases were completed.

In a statement, the Department of Homeland Security said it stopped enrolling new people into the Remain in Mexico program. Immigrants and asylum-seekers who are currently enrolled in the program and in Mexico would be taken out when they show up at the border for their next court date, allowing them to continue their cases from within the US.

Remain in Mexico “has endemic flaws, imposes unjustifiable human costs, and pulls resources and personnel away from other priority efforts to secure our border,” DHS said.

This is the second time the Biden administration has started to end the policy. Last year, District Court Judge Matthew J. Kacsmaryk issued an injunction that required the Biden administration to restart Remain in Mexico. DHS’ announcement came hours after Kacsmaryk vacated his injunction after the Supreme Court ruled in June that the Biden administration could rescind the much-disputed policy and sent the case back to his court.

After the policy was put in place in January 2019 by then-president Donald Trump, more than 70,000 immigrants and asylum-seekers were sent back to Mexico under what’s officially called the Migrant Protection Protocols. The policy resulted in forcing thousands of immigrants to wait for their day in a US court in dangerous Mexican border cities, where they have little access to legal aid and live with the constant threat of violence from cartels.

Immigrants were often left with nowhere to go but the streets, and in one Mexican city, hundreds of people lived in a squalid camp for months, if not more than a year, in what became a symbol for the Trump administration’s Remain in Mexico policy. Human rights advocates tracked hundreds of cases of returned immigrants being kidnapped, raped, and tortured while the US government forced them to wait there.

Shortly after taking office, President Joe Biden stopped enrolling people into the program and later started processing some of the people put in Remain in Mexico into the US, where they will continue their immigration cases. In June, Biden fulfilled a campaign promise when the Department of Homeland Security published a memo terminating the policy.

Read the full article here

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news directly to your inbox.


Trending