Connect with us

News

‘Desus & Mero’ split up, ending Showtime series after 4 seasons

Published

on

The late-night show “Desus & Mero” is officially ending after four seasons at Showtime.

“Desus Nice and The Kid Mero will be pursuing separate creative endeavors moving forward. Showtime’s late-night talk show ‘Desus & Mero’ will not be returning for a fifth season,” a Showtime spokesperson said. “Desus Nice and The Kid Mero have made a name for themselves in comedy and in the late-night space as quick-witted cultural commentators. Throughout its run, the series won a WGA Award, received Critics’ Choice nominations and scored interviews with President Barack Obama, President Joe Biden, Derek Jeter, Missy Elliott, Denzel Washington, Charlize Theron, David Letterman, Yo-Yo Ma and many more. They have been brilliant hosts, and we wish them the best, along with the team at JAX Media and the incredible crew.”

Rumors had begun to circulate online Monday that the popular duo, who have been working together onscreen for nearly a decade, were splitting up. Nice posted a short statement on Twitter, which reads, “Shouts to showtime & shouts to the hive, thanks for being part of the journey. proud of the show my staff made every episode. Big tings soon come…”

“Desus & Mero” originated as a late-night series on Viceland in late 2016, before moving to Showtime, becoming the premium cabler’s first-ever late-night show.

In addition to the Showtime series, Desus and Mero were well-known for their popular “Bodega Boys” podcast, which they launched in 2015. They were also behind the 2020 bestseller “God-Level Knowledge Darts: Life Lessons from the Bronx.”

When “Desus & Mero” first launched on Showtime, the show aired once a week before expanding to two nights a week. For Season Four, they had returned to a once-a-week format, in addition to bringing on J.D. Amato to serve as showrunner and executive producer.

Read the full article here

Bobby focuses on creating higher margins while investing in society. He believes that our World has room for improvement, and one of his goals is to be part of the evolutionary process. What makes him successful is the collaboration with founders and partners. Bobby has a successful track record in envisioning and creating deals and opportunities from scratch in various industries.

News

Jon Batiste leaving ‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’

Published

on

Academy- and Grammy Award-winning artist Jon Batiste is leaving “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” after seven seasons, Colbert announced Thursday night on the show. He’s exiting to “pursue personal and professional interests.” Louis Cato, who has served as interim bandleader this summer, will take over on a permanent basis — and Colbert’s band, which previously had been called “Stay Human” under Batiste’s direction, will be renamed “The Late Show Band.”

Cato will take over permanently when the show returns for its eighth season on Tuesday, Sept. 6.

“Louis has done a great job this summer, and he is very humble, so he won’t say this. But I will. He’s a musical genius,” Colbert said. “He can play basically every instrument over there. Give him an afternoon, he’ll learn how to play Mozart on a shoehorn.”

Cato has been with “The Late Show” since its relaunch under Colbert. The revised band will be include Joe Saylor, who has performed alongside Louis since the show’s inception, and longtime house band members Louis Fouché, Jon Lampley, Endea Owens and Nêgah Santos.

“It has been one of the great honors of my life to work on this show, alongside some of the most talented musicians and creatives I know,” said Cato. “Watching and learning from both Jon and Stephen for these past seven years, I’m genuinely excited to continue the tradition of excellence they’ve established.”

Batiste won five Grammys earlier this year, out of a whopping 11 nominations, with big wins including album of the year. That came after Batiste won an Oscar in 2021 for original score as part of the trio of composers behind Disney-Pixar’s “Soul.”

“We’ve been so lucky to have a front row seat to Jon’s incredible talent for the past seven years,” Colbert said of Batiste. “And will we miss him here? ‘Yeaaa!’ But we’re happy for you, Jon, and I can’t wait to have you back on as guest with your next hit record.”

Cato, a Grammy-nominated multi-instrumentalist, producer and songwriter, has worked with artists including Beyonce, Mariah Carey, John Legend, Talib Kweli, Snarky Puppy, David Sanborn, George Duke, Bobby McFerrin, Marcus Miller, John Scofield and A Tribe Called Quest. Cato released his first solo record, “Starting Now,” in 2016, and he is in post-production on his newest album, “Reflections,” due out later this year. He is repped by manager and creative producer Sam Goldberg and Jake Levy at Levy Law PLLC.

Read the full article here

Continue Reading

News

Jay Cutler Addresses His Divorce from Kristin Cavallari, Asserts He Never Cheated

Published

on

Jay Cutler is getting candid about his divorce from Kristin Cavallari. During a recent appearance on the Sofia with an F podcast, Cutler addressed their split and cleared up rumors that he cheated on the reality TV star.

“I’ve got 3 kids, so like at some point they’re going to, they’re gonna read stuff, they’re gonna ask questions, so I’ve kind of steered clear of all of that,” Cutler said when asked about his ex-wife’s recent claims regarding their “toxic” marriage.

“If she wants to say stuff, she can say stuff. I’m not going to go down that road about her. I mean, she’s still the mother of the kids, and we had three kids together and we were together for I don’t know how many years, eight. We were married for seven, I think together for nine to ten, and if that’s the way she feels — I mean, it’s changed over the course of two and half years, but I also don’t understand, it’s two and half years,” he continued. 

While Cutler said he understands how Cavallari’s feelings have changed over time, he doesn’t totally agree with airing out their dirty laundry to the public.

“Why are we having these conversations in public? I mean, why are we doing this?” he continued. It’s comical. It doesn’t make sense. No, I don’t care what changed. What’s happened is what happened, and now we have to have this conversation now and it’s like, ‘Come on man, let’s just, we’re done here.'”

The former NFL star also addressed rumors that he cheated as the cause for their relationship’s demise, and claims that their E! reality series, Very Cavallari, played a part in their downfall.

“Nope, never cheated,” Cutler maintained. “I guess she fell out of love, or it was toxic, I mean, depends on the day I guess. I’m not for sure what she said, and I frankly don’t care what she said. Like I said, it’s been 2 and half years, we’re done here. And I’m sure there will be a rebuttal to this, so stay tuned for that one.”

Cavallari and Cutler wed in 2013 after a whirlwind courtship that started when Uncommon James founder was 23. After 10 years together, three kids and seven years of marriage, they made the decision to separate in 2020. 

Cutler’s comments about their divorce come after Cavallari appeared on the Call Her Daddy podcast where she and host Alex Cooper discussed her highly publicized separation from Cutler. Like the revered quarterback, Cavallari maintained that their kids –Camden, Jaxon and Saylor — are the reason she won’t publicly acknowledge exactly what went wrong in their marriage. 

“Because I have three kids with him, I’m very careful about what I say,” she admitted. “If you and I didn’t have microphones in front of us, I’d f**king tell you, but that’s their dad and my oldest googles us now, and I just want to be very careful. My mom never said anything bad about my dad growing up and I really respected that, and I want to be that kind of mom.”

Even still, while Cavallari called the relationship “toxic,” she maintained that “nothing major” happened to end their time together.

“Nothing major happened at the end,” Cavallari insisted. “I remember always asking my mom, ‘But how am I going to know?’ and she would just be like, ‘You’ll just know.’ And I did, I just kinda knew. It’s the scariest thing, it’s also the saddest thing. I mean, it’s so many emotions but it can also be the best thing.” 

“I think with any relationship, you just have to realize what are deal breakers for you. What’s important to you and what’s not?” she added. “I was really unhappy, I mean, and that was the bottom line. I was in an unhealthy relationship and so that, to me, is not worth it. Also, I didn’t want my kids thinking that was normal and I wanted them to see me happy and see me eventually, not right now, but eventually see me with someone who really respects me and treats me the way I need to be treated.”

For more on the pair, check out the video below.

 

Read the full article here

Continue Reading

News

Megan Thee Stallion Reacted To A Viral Video Of Dwayne Johnson Saying He Wants To Be Her Pet

Published

on

It all started when Dwayne was asked in an interview for the movie DC League of Super-Pets which celebrity he’d like to be a pet to — and he (seemingly without hesitation) named Megan.

“We don’t have to talk about that, OK?” he added when asked for clarification.

The video subsequently went pretty darn viral:

not Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson saying he’ll be Meg Thee Stallion dog when they asked him who celebrity dog he’ll be . LMFAOOOOO I FEEL YOU MY BOY .


Twitter: @TimboFionna

“I used to watch wrestling all the time, being from Houston. Watching The Rock and how famous he is, how much of a mega-star he is — and he wanna be my pet?”

“Period. Like, we made it. We might be a little famous.”

If you’re wondering what kind of pet Dwayne might be, in the same interview Kevin Hart claimed that that The Rock resembled his dog Hobbs — so take from this what you will.



Read the full article here

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news directly to your inbox.


Trending