Connect with us

News

Jack Wagner Speaks Out After Son Harrison’s Death at 27

Published

on

Jack Wagner had a few kind words to share before boarding a plane bound for Vancouver to start shooting season 10 of Hallmark’s When Calls the Heart: “Thank you.”

The 62-year-old actor took to Instagram on Friday (his first post since May 22) and shared a video expressing a heartfelt gratitude to the fans who supported him and his family following the death of his son, Harrison, last month. Jack’s video starts with him panning to the video board showing his destination before delivering the heartwarming message.

“Thank you all so much for the love and kindness that you’ve sent,” he said. “I can’t tell you how much it’s meant to me. Getting ready to head up to Vancouver to season 10 of When Calls the Heart. Beyond excited and grateful of that. So, thank you also for that and, um, I’ll be sending some behind the scenes footage this year. Hopefully it’ll make you laugh.”

Jack sported a blue polo shirt, jacket and his trademark blonde locks as he shared the message, which concluded with him again thanking the fans “for the love and support you’ve sent me.” He called it “huge.”

“Sending it right back to you,” he added. “So, we’ll be in touch. Thanks.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Jack Wagner (@jackwagnerofficial)

Jack and his wife, Kristina, set up a fund in honor of Harrison following his untimely death. Along with the announcement of the Harrison Wagner Scholarship Fund the General Hospital stars also shared the cause of his death. 

“The Harrison Wagner Scholarship Fund was created by Jack Wagner and Kristina Wagner in honor of their son Harrison Wagner. Harrison was a bright, exuberant young man whose smile lit up any room he was in. He has left behind many men and family members who loved him deeply,” the description on the site reads.  

“We are heartbroken that he ultimately lost his battle with addiction and we hope that Harrison’s memory will live on through this scholarship and will help other young men get help for their addiction that would not otherwise be able to afford it.” 

In addition, the site shares that all funds donated will go towards helping young men pay rent, or a portion of their rent who could not otherwise afford care at the New Life House, which is a recovery community.  

The Wagners stepped away from the soap following the tragedy, and the couple did not attend the 49th annual Daytime Emmy Awards, though their presence was palpable. Several cast members told ET’s Deidre Behar that they came together to support the Wagners in a number of ways, including attending Harrison’s funeral.

Kelly Monaco, who portrays Sam McCall on the long-running ABC soap, told ET she knew exactly what Jack and Kristina went through due to a tragedy last year.

“I had a similar experience in November with my best friend and the GH cast was amazing,” Monaco said. “It’s a family, and the same grace has been extended to Kristina and Jack. I have chills talking about it. My heart goes out to them because I know exactly what they’re feeling. It’s tragic. And I hope more people are aware of the epidemic that’s going — that’s been going on — for decades.”

Cynthia Watros added, “There’s no way to lessen the pain but just be there when they need us.”

 



Read the full article here

Bobby focuses on creating higher margins while investing in society. He believes that our World has room for improvement, and one of his goals is to be part of the evolutionary process. What makes him successful is the collaboration with founders and partners. Bobby has a successful track record in envisioning and creating deals and opportunities from scratch in various industries.

News

Neve Campbell says her ‘Scream 6’ offer was unfair, wouldn’t have been the same ‘if I were a man’

Published

on

Neve Campbell shocked the “Scream” fandom when she announced June 6 that she would not be returning for the upcoming sixth “Scream” movie, making it the first installment in the long-running horror franchise not to star Campbell. The actor said at the time that the offer to star in “Scream 6” did not properly “equate” to the value she brings to the franchise. Now Campbell tells People that she believes her offer for “Scream 6” would not have come in so low if she were a man.

“I did not feel that what I was being offered equated to the value that I bring to this franchise, and have brought to this franchise, for 25 years,” Campbell said. “And as a woman in this business, I think it’s really important for us to be valued and to fight to be valued.”

Campbell added, “I honestly don’t believe that if I were a man and had done five installments of a huge blockbuster franchise over 25 years, that the number that I was offered would be the number that would be offered to a man. And in my soul, I just couldn’t do that. I couldn’t walk on set feeling that — feeling undervalued and feeling the unfairness, or lack of fairness, around that.”

The upcoming “Scream 6” will once again be directed by Radio Silence’s Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett, the duo who revived the franchise with the fifth installment. That film, simply titled “Scream,” opened in January and grossed $140 million worldwide. Newcomers Jenna Ortega, Melissa Barrera, Jasmin Savoy Brown and Mason Gooding are all set to reprise their roles from the fifth film. Franchise mainstay Courteney Cox will also be back.

In her original statement, Campbell wrote that it was “difficult” to exit the “Scream” franchise and added, “To all my ‘Scream’ fans, I love you. You’ve always been so incredibly supportive to me. I’m forever grateful to you and to what this franchise has given me over the past 25 years.”

Neve Campbell in “Scream 4.”
Alamy Stock Photo

“I absolutely respect her for that. I think that it’s hard to be a woman in this industry and in any industry at all,” Campbell’s fellow “Scream” star Jasmin Savoy Brown told Variety shortly after she announced her exit. “If any person, but especially any woman, feels that she deserves more — whether that’s a financial situation with work, out of a relationship, out of fill in the blank — if she can walk away, I support that.”

“Scream 6” will follow the quartet of survivors from the fifth movie as they leave Woodsboro behind and attempt to start a fresh chapter. Ortega teased the film earlier this summer by calling it the bloodiest “Scream” entry yet.

“Ghostface gets a lot more intimidating,” Ortega said of the “Scream 6” script. “I just read part of the script, and it just gets more and more gory. I think that this is probably the most aggressive and violent version of Ghostface we’ve ever seen, which I think will really be fun to shoot.”

Paramount Pictures has set a March 31, 2023 release date for “Scream 6.”

This story first appeared on Variety.com.



Read the full article here

Continue Reading

News

Ashton Kutcher Reveals Battle With Rare Disease That ‘Knocked Out’ His Vision and Hearing

Published

on

Ashton Kutcher revealed he suffered from a rare form of vasculitis two years ago that left him temporarily unable to see or hear. 

The 44-year-old actor told Bear Grylls about his struggle with the disease while filming for Running Wild with Bear Grylls: The Challenge. The episode will air Monday evening at 9pm ET on National Geographic. 

“I had this weird, super rare form of vasculitis, that like knocked out my vision, it knocked out my hearing, it knocked out like all my equilibrium,” Kutcher told Grylls of the condition, which involves inflammation of the blood vessels. “It took me like a year to build it all back up.”

“You don’t really appreciate it until it’s gone,” he continued. “Until you go, ‘I don’t know if I’m ever going to be able to see again, I don’t know if I’m ever going to be able to hear again, I don’t know if I’m ever going to be able to walk again.'”

Grylls listened intently, telling Kutcher “What an ordeal. Talk about strength through adversity!” 

Kutcher responded that  he’s “lucky to be alive,” and that “the minute you start seeing your obstacles as things that are made for you, to give you what you need, then life starts to get fun, right?” he said. “You start surfing on top of your problems instead of living underneath them.”

Running Wild with Bear Grylls: The Challenge premiered last month with the announcement of a new set of famous guests, including Natalie Portman, Florence Pugh and Simu Liu.

Like seasons before, Grylls will teach the celebrities a set of essential survival skills that they will later put to the test in some of the most intense outdoor settings. 

  

Read the full article here

Continue Reading

News

The US Has Started To Wind Down The “Remain In Mexico” Policy That Put Thousands Of Immigrants At Risk Of Danger While They Waited For A Court Date

Published

on

Immigration officials on Monday said they’ve started to wind down a Trump-era program that forced thousands of immigrants to wait in Mexico while their US immigration cases were completed.

In a statement, the Department of Homeland Security said it stopped enrolling new people into the Remain in Mexico program. Immigrants and asylum-seekers who are currently enrolled in the program and in Mexico would be taken out when they show up at the border for their next court date, allowing them to continue their cases from within the US.

Remain in Mexico “has endemic flaws, imposes unjustifiable human costs, and pulls resources and personnel away from other priority efforts to secure our border,” DHS said.

This is the second time the Biden administration has started to end the policy. Last year, District Court Judge Matthew J. Kacsmaryk issued an injunction that required the Biden administration to restart Remain in Mexico. DHS’ announcement came hours after Kacsmaryk vacated his injunction after the Supreme Court ruled in June that the Biden administration could rescind the much-disputed policy and sent the case back to his court.

After the policy was put in place in January 2019 by then-president Donald Trump, more than 70,000 immigrants and asylum-seekers were sent back to Mexico under what’s officially called the Migrant Protection Protocols. The policy resulted in forcing thousands of immigrants to wait for their day in a US court in dangerous Mexican border cities, where they have little access to legal aid and live with the constant threat of violence from cartels.

Immigrants were often left with nowhere to go but the streets, and in one Mexican city, hundreds of people lived in a squalid camp for months, if not more than a year, in what became a symbol for the Trump administration’s Remain in Mexico policy. Human rights advocates tracked hundreds of cases of returned immigrants being kidnapped, raped, and tortured while the US government forced them to wait there.

Shortly after taking office, President Joe Biden stopped enrolling people into the program and later started processing some of the people put in Remain in Mexico into the US, where they will continue their immigration cases. In June, Biden fulfilled a campaign promise when the Department of Homeland Security published a memo terminating the policy.

Read the full article here

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news directly to your inbox.


Trending