Connect with us

News

Vince Mcmahon Retiring as WWE’s CEO

Published

on

 Vince McMahon announced Friday he’s retiring as WWE’s chairman and CEO.

He released the following statement, “As I approach 77 years old, I feel it’s time for me to retire as Chairman and CEO of WWE. Throughout the years, it’s been a privilege to help WWE bring you joy, inspire you, thrill you, surprise you, and always entertain you. I would like to thank my family for mightily contributing to our success, and I would also like to thank all of our past and present Superstars and employees for their dedication and passion for our brand. Most importantly, I would like to thank our fans for allowing us into your homes every week and being your choice of entertainment. I hold the deepest appreciation and admiration for our generations of fans all over the world who have liked, currently like, and sometimes even love our form of Sports Entertainment.”

According to a Wall Street Journal report, McMahon paid more than $12 million to four women to cover up “allegations of sexual misconduct and infidelity.”

The women, all of whom were involved with WWE, signed agreements with McMahon that “prohibit them from discussing potential legal claims against or their relationships with the 76-year-old executive.”

The report of the hush money, which the Journal said was paid over 16 years, is the latest part of a corporate firestorm for McMahon.

Last month another report from the Journal said the company’s board was investigating McMahon for agreeing to pay a secret $3 million settlement to a former employee with whom he allegedly had an affair. That woman is among the four mentioned in the new report.

The longtime WWE boss had agreed to step back from his role as chairman and CEO while the investigation is ongoing.

“I have pledged my complete cooperation to the investigation by the special committee, and I will do everything possible to support the investigation,” McMahon said in a statement last month. “I have also pledged to accept the findings and outcome of the investigation, whatever they are.”

McMahon’s daughter, Stephanie, has been acting as interim CEO and chairwoman, though it’s unclear if she will take over permanently.

The company said last month that McMahon would continue to appear as his character during matches, but that is now also up in the air.

“I am extremely confident in the continued success of WWE, and I leave our company in the capable hands of an extraordinary group of Superstars, employees, and executives – in particular, both Chairwoman and Co-CEO Stephanie McMahon and Co-CEO Nick Khan,” he said in Friday’s statement. “As the majority shareholder, I will continue to support WWE in any way I can. My personal thanks to our community and business partners, shareholders, and Board of Directors for their guidance and support through the years. Then. Now. Forever. Together.”

This story was originally published by CBS Miami on July 22, 2022.

 

Read the full article here

Bobby focuses on creating higher margins while investing in society. He believes that our World has room for improvement, and one of his goals is to be part of the evolutionary process. What makes him successful is the collaboration with founders and partners. Bobby has a successful track record in envisioning and creating deals and opportunities from scratch in various industries.

News

Jack Harlow reveals the dream collaboration he’s been manifesting

Published

on

Jack Harlow is dreaming all the way to the football field.

In between hits like “Industry Baby” and “First Class” on the TODAY plaza stage for our Citi Concert Series, rapper Jack Harlow revealed his biggest career goal.

“There’s a lot of things I haven’t done,” Harlow said after TODAY’s Craig Melvin asked Harlow what he hasn’t done yet that he still wants to do. “One day, I dream of doing the Super Bowl halftime show.”

The crowd roared with applause, and Craig said the rapper “just spoke it into existence.”

In another interview on the 3rd Hour of TODAY, the musician from Louisville, Kentucky also spilled his dream collaborator.

Craig ran down the list of artists Harlow has already worked with like Drake, Lil Nas X and Justin Timberlake, and asked who he would love to collaborate with who hasn’t gotten to next.

“Andre 3000,” Harlow replied, speaking of the fellow rapper from the South. “That’s a big one I’ve been manifesting. A lot of the collaborations you just named, are ones that in interviews, over the years, I hadn’t done yet.”

“Pharrell, Drake, all that, and then they would happen,” he continued. “So I’m just gonna keep saying Andre 3000 with faith that it will happen.”

Jack Harlow looks at the crowd while performing at the Citi Concert Series.
Jack Harlow looks at the crowd while performing at the Citi Concert Series. Nate Congleton / TODAY

“Andre 3000 with you at the Super Bowl,” Craig manifested. “That’s the show.”

“That would be everything I could ever want,” Harlow said.

Jack Harlow smiles while performing on the TODAY plaza stage.
Jack Harlow smiles while performing on the TODAY plaza stage.Nate Congleton / TODAY

Harlow attended Super Bowl LVI in February at Sofi Stadium, and while The Weeknd performed during the game’s halftime show, Harlow performed at a halftime show of his own during Shaquille O’Neal’s pre-game SHAQ Bowl livestream event.

Harlow is headed to the MTV Music Video Awards later this month, where he is up for seven awards—leading the highest number of nominations along with Kendrick Lamar and Lil Nas X.



Read the full article here

Continue Reading

News

Natalia Dyer Was Confronted By Megan Thee Stallion For Choosing “Boring” Jonathan Over Steve In “Stranger Things”

Published

on

And she made sure to tell that to Natalia Dyer when she stopped by the Tonight Show on Thursday, where Meg was guest-hosting with Jimmy Fallon.

“Let’s talk about it, though,” Meg told her. “Because, OK, so boom. At first, you liked Steve. You was into Steve. And then you just kinda like, dumped him, no caution, he didn’t know what was happening.”

“Poor Steve,” she continued before listing off more unfortunate moments he’s experienced on the show. “Y’all keep throwing the kids on him to babysit — he keeps saving y’all life. All he do is save y’all life. He was beating everybody up! And you like, ‘Aw man, I’m going to Jonathan, sorry.'”

View this video on YouTube


The Tonight Show / Via youtube.com

“I do feel bad,” Natalia replied. “Honestly, I think the way that Jonathan and Nancy happened, I was like — she doesn’t always make the most morally right decisions all the time, but that’s human, you know?”

As far as the next season is concerned, Natalia seemed unsure of where it would go. But she personally thinks that Nancy might need a step back from dating to have “a little me time after all of it.”

“Like, they’re still in high school,” she said. “So much to think about,” Meg agreed. “Jonathan is boring. She’s so smart. She’s so pretty. She’s got things to do!”

You can watch the full video here, and stream Stranger Things Season 4 now on Netflix if you haven’t already.

Read the full article here

Continue Reading

News

Jon Batiste leaving ‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’

Published

on

Academy- and Grammy Award-winning artist Jon Batiste is leaving “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” after seven seasons, Colbert announced Thursday night on the show. He’s exiting to “pursue personal and professional interests.” Louis Cato, who has served as interim bandleader this summer, will take over on a permanent basis — and Colbert’s band, which previously had been called “Stay Human” under Batiste’s direction, will be renamed “The Late Show Band.”

Cato will take over permanently when the show returns for its eighth season on Tuesday, Sept. 6.

“Louis has done a great job this summer, and he is very humble, so he won’t say this. But I will. He’s a musical genius,” Colbert said. “He can play basically every instrument over there. Give him an afternoon, he’ll learn how to play Mozart on a shoehorn.”

Cato has been with “The Late Show” since its relaunch under Colbert. The revised band will be include Joe Saylor, who has performed alongside Louis since the show’s inception, and longtime house band members Louis Fouché, Jon Lampley, Endea Owens and Nêgah Santos.

“It has been one of the great honors of my life to work on this show, alongside some of the most talented musicians and creatives I know,” said Cato. “Watching and learning from both Jon and Stephen for these past seven years, I’m genuinely excited to continue the tradition of excellence they’ve established.”

Batiste won five Grammys earlier this year, out of a whopping 11 nominations, with big wins including album of the year. That came after Batiste won an Oscar in 2021 for original score as part of the trio of composers behind Disney-Pixar’s “Soul.”

“We’ve been so lucky to have a front row seat to Jon’s incredible talent for the past seven years,” Colbert said of Batiste. “And will we miss him here? ‘Yeaaa!’ But we’re happy for you, Jon, and I can’t wait to have you back on as guest with your next hit record.”

Cato, a Grammy-nominated multi-instrumentalist, producer and songwriter, has worked with artists including Beyonce, Mariah Carey, John Legend, Talib Kweli, Snarky Puppy, David Sanborn, George Duke, Bobby McFerrin, Marcus Miller, John Scofield and A Tribe Called Quest. Cato released his first solo record, “Starting Now,” in 2016, and he is in post-production on his newest album, “Reflections,” due out later this year. He is repped by manager and creative producer Sam Goldberg and Jake Levy at Levy Law PLLC.

Read the full article here

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news directly to your inbox.


Trending